AUBURN HILLS — FEV North America Inc., the United States branch of the Aachen, Germany-based auto supplier, says it is expanding its presences at CES, formerly known as the International Consumer Electronics Show, the world’s largest tech trade show.
For 2016, FEV says it will participate in the Society of Automotive Engineers Connect2Vehicle series. FEV will be a presenter in the “Automated Driving – Driven by the IoT” panel that explores the swift evolution of cars from stand-alone mechanical products to smart electronic products, and on to connected-smart-products, fueling autonomous driving and the integration of automotive and consumer electronics into the Internet of Things.
Stephan Tarnutzer, FEV vice president of Electronics, represents the company on the panel, where he will discuss automated driving, autonomous driving and connectivity components and system design, as well as integration and validation, including functional
In addition to its participation on this panel, FEV will also host its annual technology Hospitality Suite, where guests can look into the future of the connected vehicle through various displays and demonstrations.
Specific technology displays and demonstrations include:
* FEV Cyber Security demonstration
* Advanced automated Voice Recognition, Human Machine Interface, and Telematics system testing
* Advanced Driver Assistance System detection technology demonstration
* First ever OEM voice recognition benchmarking study results
* Digital Forensics Vehicle Platform Analysis
* A-pillar Blind Spot Elimination Technology
* Connected Vehicle Seat 2.0
* Functional Safety for Connected Vehicles and Infotainment
* oT and Car2X – FEV’s city-e
* OEM proven FEV process that assist in design, integration and validation of end-to-end vehicle systems
* Industry first predictive vehicle electrical load management
* Speedpass+ Mobile Payment and customized fuel automotive HU Apps demo, sponsored by ExxonMobil
* Gamified EcoCoaching
FEV offers a complete range of engineering services, providing support across the globe to customers in the design, analysis, prototyping, powertrain and transmission development, as well as vehicle integration, calibration and homologation for advanced
internal combustion gasoline-, diesel-, and alternative-fueled powertrains. FEV also designs, develops and prototypes advanced vehicle / powertrain electronic control systems and hybrid-electric engine concepts that address future emission and fuel economy standards.
The company has expanded its engineering capabilities to include full vehicle systems and now offers broad expertise in electronics, telematics and infotainment system engineering.
The FEV Group employs a staff of more than 4,000 at technical centers on three continents, including more than 450 people at FEV North America’s tech center in Auburn Hills.
More at http://www.fev.com.