DEARBORN — SME’s Advanced Manufacturing Media, which provides manufacturing news and technology information, has launched a new website, AdvancedManufacturing.org.
The new website features content from all of Advanced Manufacturing Media’s products. Aside from original and live news reports about manufacturing, the site includes content from:
* Manufacturing Engineering, SME’s monthly magazine focused on manufacturing technologies
* Smart Manufacturing, a recently launched quarterly magazine focused on digital manufacturing
* Advanced Manufacturing Now, a recently launched podcast for manufacturing professionals
* SME’s Industry Yearbook series, focused on Aerospace & Defense, Motorized Vehicle, Energy and Medical manufacturing; and
* Highlights from SME’s scholarly journals
The new website continues to offer specific channels covering key topics such as machine tools, tooling and workholding, automation, controls and software, quality and metrology, and 3D printing, as well as channels for specific industries, such as aerospace and defense and motorized vehicles.
The 30 Under 30 channel appeals directly to young professionals in manufacturing, or those considering a career in manufacturing, sharing their personal stories about career development and highlighting a broad range of career paths. A new Expert Opinions channel gives thought leaders a place to share ideas.
The website logo is a large “M” with a wireless symbol emanating from the center — an image that captures the new digital era of manufacturing, in which machines, tools, manufacturers and their suppliers can communicate digitally with one another and share critical data to optimize performance. That symbol now serves as the icon for all of Advanced Manufacturing Media’s content on social networks.
For advertisers, the new website is more SEO- and mobile-friendly, and offers lead-generating tools such as white paper downloads and